Friday, September 27, 2013

Pardon the Delay

Faithful readers of Honoldblog – the esteemed log of my Spanish and European travels from the fall of 2011 – prepare to renew your faith! We're about to complete the journey.

First I must apologize for the nights you spent in early December of that year, hitting the refresh button on your email inbox and scouring your Facebook news feed, waiting, clinging, hoping for the Honoldblog about Paris. Sorry. But lemme tell you, it will have been worth the wait, 'cause some crazy shit happened in Paris and after Paris. The remaining installments will include: An Unexpected Swisst; Freiburg, Germany; Munich (RHCP Concert); Transit to Barça (Strasburg, France); Barcelona; Alicante Fairwell; and Going Home (conclusion).

Before we get started though, I must take a moment to address the nearly two years that have past since the Edinburgh post. Firstly, Edinburgh was unique in that I had four days and ample time in the Caledonian Backpackers Hostel to drink beer with Frenchmen, play pool with Spaniards, and write my blog post for you Americans. The rest of the Eurotrip was much more rapid-fire, and I didn't have time to write the whole prose. HOWEVER! As I traveled, I took notes on the events that transpired at each location, preparing for the day when I would once again pick up the old stone of the Honzblog and carry it the rest of the way to its rightful stead (which isn't a Ryan Air flight between Edinburgh and France). So what you read will not only be composed of the unfaded memories I have of my experience, but I won't miss a detail!

Of course, my initial plan was to finish the blog once I arrived home to the USA. But you know how things go. At first I just wanted settle in and didn't want to send my thoughts back overseas. Then it was the holidays, then I was back at school, then life just kept on happening and I never got around to dusting off the unfinished tale of my journey.

All Honoldblog metaphors aside, I'm finally in the right place (metaphorically speaking) to finish writing Honoldblog. When I arrived in Spain, it marked the start of the second half of my college career. Now, two years later, I'm at the start of my life as a college graduate, which is an equally exciting frontier to that of my Spanish and European travels and one that's even more rife with possibilities. Anyway, that's not what this blog is about, so if you wanna catch up, call me or something.

And now, with comparatively very little further ado, I give you Paris!

Well, I'm almost done writing it. In the meantime, here's a cool picture from the crepe capital to whet your appétit.

No comments:

Post a Comment