Thursday, October 6, 2011

Boda

   Something I can't neglect to blurb about is the marriage of my host parents, Fer and Lis.  On Friday September 23rd, my "padres españoles" tied the knot after being together for nine years.  In leading up to this, Fer's brother and sister in-law, Farcundo and Adriana, came from Argentina to visit Spain.  Although the Argentinian accent is considerably harder for me to decipher, they were a pleasant addition to the household, and Farco and I were able to bond over the guitar and conversations about music.
As they say in Spain when Fer y Lis get married... ¡Ferlisidades!
   Unfortunately I had class during the ceremony, but the following night was la cena, or "the reception", which featured several rounds of tapas, a bar, and a dance floor.  Loads of fun, it was a good opportunity to practice my Spanish and show off my dance moves.  As for the cultural aspect, Spanish wedding receptions are a lot like American ones though not nearly as formalized, lacking aspects that are obligatory in America, such as the first dance, the throwing of the bouquet, and Motown's 25 Greatest Hits.  However, two things true to any wedding are tons of photos and cheerful times.  The image to the right is both of these.  ¡Felizidades, padres!

No comments:

Post a Comment